We offer a PhD Position (100 %, TVL-E 13) on the topic “Blockchain Systems for Business Process Management and Process Mining”
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation have established the Chair for Application and Middleware Systems. Our aim is to perform high-quality research in the area of distributed systems and middleware.
- Master’s degree in computer science with very good results
- Interest on topics around the area of blockchains and distributed ledgers, distributed systems, business process management and process mining
- Previous knowledge in distributed systems and middleware is desired
- Interest in the development of software systems, very good knowledge and skills in programming with standard programming languages such as C++ or Java
- Excellent command of English
- Very good writing skills
- High engagement, high motivation, pro-active communication skills, and high social skills
Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies (BC/DLTs) have recently received a lot of attention. They offer a compelling alternative to traditional databases, as they allow to forego the existence of a trusted party. However, the systems that implement BC and DLTs are not well understood yet and offer only little performance compared to centralized or distributed data bases. In this project, we aim to analyze existing BC/DLT systems in depth, understand shortcomings, and develop solutions to increase their scalability, resource consumption and/or security. In particular, we investigate on BC/DLT systems that interact with business process management and process mining technologies, e.g., via smart contracts.
To perform this exciting research, we are looking for a highly motivated student who has recently finished his/her Master’s degree in computer science. This position comes with the opportunity to obtain a PhD.
- You work in a highly innovative environment
- Technical supervision at one of the leading universities of Germany
- Employment as a research associate (TVL-E13) in a fulltime position (fixed-term contract)
- Disabled persons will be preferred at the same level of suitability to the position.
- The Technical University of Munich seeks to increase the proportion of women. Hence, we explicitly encourage women to apply to this position.
- We will consider all incoming applications until the position is filled.
We are looking forward to your application. Please send your CV, a short motivation letter, (if applicable) a list of publications (also blog posts and software projects), and full transcripts of records of your B.Sc. and M.Sc. studies, all combined in one single PDF document, to email@example.com. Additionally, two reference letters must be directly sent from the issuing person to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can send your application by mail.
Technische Universität München
Lehrstuhl für Anwendungs- und Middlewaresysteme
Boltzmannstrasse 3, 85478 Garching, Germany
Tel. +49 (89) 289 – 18486
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.