PhD Position (100 %, TVL-E 13) on the topic “Machine Learning for Event-Based Middleware”
The Chair for Application and Middleware Systems at the department of informatics is searching for a PhD student to work on the topic “Machine Learning for Event-Based Middleware”.
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation have established the Chair for Application and Middleware Systems. Our aim is to perform high-quality research in the area of distributed systems and middleware.
- Master’s degree in computer science with very good results
- Interest in topics around the area of machine learning, deep learning, distributed systems, event-based systems, event stream processing, complex event processing
- Previous knowledge in distributed systems and middleware is desired
- Interest in the development of software systems, very good knowledge and skills in programming with standard programming languages such as C++ or Java
- Excellent command of English
- Very good writing skills
- High engagement, high motivation, pro-active communication skills, and high social skills
Event-based middleware allows for the efficient dissemination of information from publishers to subscribers. In doing so, in current systems, the subscribers have to formulate their interests explicitly in a query. This can be cumbersome for a domain expert, who has to come up with a low-level formulation that expresses his high-level needs. We want to overcome this problem by applying machine learning techniques to automatically learn high-level concepts that are interesting to the subscribers and then apply them in filtering and aggregation of the information streams from the publishers.
To realize this vision, we are looking for a highly motivated student who has recently finished his/her Master’s degree in computer science. This position comes with the opportunity to obtain a PhD.
- You work in a highly innovative environment
- Technical supervision at one of the leading universities of Germany
- Employment as a research associate (TVL-E13) in a fulltime position (fixed-term contract)
- Disabled persons will be preferred at the same level of suitability to the position.
- The Technical University of Munich seeks to increase the proportion of women. Hence, we explicitly encourage women to apply to this position.
- We will consider all incoming applications until the position is filled.
We are looking forward to your application. Please send your CV, a short motivation letter, (if applicable) a list of publications (also blog posts and software projects), and full transcripts of records of your B.Sc. and M.Sc. studies, all combined in one single PDF document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, two reference letters must be directly sent from the issuing person to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can send your application by mail.
Technische Universität München
Lehrstuhl für Anwendungs- und Middlewaresysteme
Boltzmannstrasse 3, 85478 Garching, Germany
Tel. +49 (89) 289 – 18486
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.